Farlows Blog and Advice
- If you're a saltwater rookie or an experienced angler looking to expand your knowledge, read our in-depth guide to saltwater fly fishing.
- Mayfly fishing is about more than just casting a big dry fly during 'Duffer's Fortnight'. Make the most of the season with our guide to the must–have mayfly patterns
- Taking care of your fly line is essential for longevity of the line, but anglers often overlook certain key aspects... read our fly line care guide to discover our best practices!
- To celebrate World Earth Day, World Environment Day and World Oceans Day, check out our top ten eco-friendly products leading the way for sustainability!
We're pleased to announce the winner is Martin Moyers with the capture of a stunning 30lb salmon from the Hampshire Avon on 5th April 2021.
- We asked some members of the Farlows team to cast their eyes back to 2021 and share their most memorable fish of the year.
- In this short guide we aim to outline the kit and the skills you’ll need to make the most of this exciting time of the season.
- We asked Farlows lure fishing expert, Sam Edmonds, to pick out his top ten items for winter predator success. View his selections in the latest Farlows blog.
- There's a lot more to choosing a tweed jacket or coat than you may think, find out more in this article including some crucial differences when making your choice.
- From inside a small, unassuming factory in the Scottish Borders, Farlows socks are made - with love, care and attention to detail on every step of their fascinating journey.
- Want to know more about salmon fishing? Then read our comprehensive guide on how to fish for salmon!
- If you're heading out on a shooting trip, then be sure to check out our shooting attire and apparel guide so you're prepared for the day.