Farlows Sustainability Policy
We believe that as a company we are responsible for achieving the highest standards of environmental practice and for operating in a sustainable manner. As a business which is largely dependent on the external natural environment for its continuing commercial success we understand that we have a duty of care for it and for safeguarding its wellbeing for future generations and we are committed to encouraging our suppliers, customers and all business associates and stakeholders to do the same.
We’re proud to announce that we have received PlanetMark Business Certification, an internationally recognised sustainability certification for business acknowledging continuous progress and encouraging action. Measuring our own carbon footprint has been a critical step in reducing our impact on the planet and society.
Now that we have a baseline measure, we are currently setting our annual KPIs for our carbon reduction across all aspects of our business. Once these have been set, we will continually update our progress against them.
In addition to our commitment to PlanetMark, we have published a series of statements which define our commitment to sustainability;
- We will promote responsibility for the environment and will communicate our policies for sustainability at all levels within our workforce;
- We will identify appropriate training, advice and information for our staff to encourage them to develop new ideas and initiatives in support of our sustainability objectives;
- We will implement steps to reduce our use of energy, water and other resources;
- We will seek to minimise waste by reduction, re-use and recycling;
- We will comply with and positively implement all relevant environmental legislation and regulation as a minimum;
- We will seek to minimise our own use of plastics within our business and will encourage our suppliers to do the same;
- We will maximise our support for charitable and non-government organisations whose goals and operations are complementary to our own environmental and sustainability objectives.
- We will review our environmental and sustainability policies and objectives at least annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders and our commitment will be attested by sign-off from the Board of Directors.