The RIO Scandi is a very easy casting Scandi style shooting head, built on RIO’s ultra-low stretch ConnectCore for the utmost in casting control and sensitivity.
It is available in a multitude of lengths and weights to cover all rod and angling situations. For tight casting spots and the utmost in ease of casting use a head length that is between 2.5 and 3 times the length of the rod, thus a 12 ft rod would work best with a head that is between 30 and 36 ft in length. The shorter the head length, the tighter the back casting space an angler can fish in. With more room and better casting skills a longer head provides the angler with less line to strip in between each cast and more fishing time.
- Easy casting design
- Printed ID system on the rear of the head for quick recognition
- Ultra-low stretch core for the best in casting and fishing sensitivity
- High viz rear loop
For best performance, RIO recommends attaching the following head sizes to these shooting lines sizes:
- 275gr to 450gr – .024"/.026” Powerflex/ConnectCore shooting line, or 25lb SlickShooter/GripShooter
- 450gr to 550gr – .030"/.032” Powerflex/ConnectCore shooting line, or 35lb SlickShooter/GripShooter
- 550gr to 650gr – .035"/.037” Powerflex/ConnectCore shooting line, or 44lb SlickShooter/GripShooter
Size/Variant Colour Line Rating head length head weight Price #6/7 Twin Colour #6/7 36ft/11m 400gr 59.99 #7/8 Twin Colour #7/8 37ft/11.2m 460gr 59.99 #8/9 Twin Colour #8/9 38ft/11.6m 520gr 59.99 #9/10 Twin Colour #9/10 39ft/11.9m 580gr 59.99 #10/11 Twin Colour #10/11 40ft/12.2m 640gr 59.99
Customer ReviewsNo reviews have been found