Farlows Ladies Burghley Tweed Field Coat
£507.50 Regular Price £725.00
The Farlows Burghley ladies' tweed jacket is now one of the classics within our ladieswear collection, and surely an essential part of your women's shooting attire. For the hardened outdoor enthusiast it can also double up as a wonderful country coat. Our Burghley shooting coat comes in a variety of tweeds that are all exclusively woven for Farlows in Hawick, Scottish Borders. All of our tweeds are finished with a Teflon coating to ensure water naturally runs off the tweed, along with a waterproof membrane drop liner to ensure the coat is 100% waterproof.
Colours Available: Heather Check and Bronze Herringbone
Sizes Available: 8 - 16
Please note sizing is to fit chest size. The coat is designed to fit slightly larger to allow for layering underneath.
The Performance Fabric
- High quality tweed, milled by Lovat Mill in Hawick, Scotland, sent to finishers and washed in waters from the Tweed, then coated in a fine layer of Teflon coating for further water repellency
- Fabric then sent to Northamptonshire, England, to our master coatmakers, with over 40 years’ experience. Marked, cut, sewn by hand
- Rigorous quality control inspection by people not machines
For AW22 it is now available in our new Heather Check tweed and is finished with all the same features that long-time wearers know and love. These include tonal Alcantara trim on the collar, large cartridge pockets and fleece-lined handwarmer pockets. It features an adjustable half belt back and an inverted pleat on the back, which aids movement in the field, to create the perfect ladies' tweed shooting jacket.
Our Burghley tweed outdoor coats are made for us in Northamptonshire by our master coatmakers who have over 40 years’ experience. Marked, cut and sewn by hand, our coats then finally go through a rigorous quality control to ensure the end garment is perfect.
- Military twill lining, for ease to slip on and off with layers underneath
- Heavy weave cotton drip strip at base of lining to prevent water seeping up from the base
- Longer length for maximum protection from the elements
- Raglan sleeve construction, with large, inverted pleat on the back to give maximum movement capability whilst out in the field
- Classic Farlows pocket shape with squared corners and large bellows to help when loading with cartridges. Envelope flap and flap retainer
- Fleece lined hand warmer pockets
- One zippered and one buttoned internal breast pockets and one larger internal pocket for stowing cap or hearing protection
- Shirt style collar, which can be worn up or down to help protect you from the elements
- Hard wearing double zip with storm flap to help protect from wet and windy weather
- Smooth rounded horn effect buttons used all over to help avoid damage/scratch marks on wooden gun stocks
- High strength cotton used across garment (buttons and stitching)
- FREE fast 1-3 day delivery to mainland UK* on ALL orders
- Upgrade to next working day available for £4.99 (order before 3pm)
- Premium Delivery to Highlands and Islands, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland is FREE* on ALL orders
- Delivery to Republic of Ireland is FREE on orders over £150
- Delivery to the EU & Channel Islands is FREE on orders over £399
For full details, pricing and delivery terms please view our delivery information and charges page.
When purchasing from Farlows from outside of the UK, you will not pay UK VAT. Therefore it is the customers responsibility to check and settle their own customs charges when goods arrive. If you are purchasing from a non-UK country and you choose to not accept a delivery because of the additional importation costs levied by the authorities in your country then we reserve the right to deduct any shipping or postage costs incurred by us from the refund to you.
Returns and Exchanges
Unused or unwanted purchases can be returned for refund within 28 days of receipt.
Purchases can be returned for exchange within 28 days of receipt.
For full details and terms please view our returns and exchanges policy.