RIO’s TECHNICAL TROUT line features a long, fine front taper for the lightest of presentations and delicacy and is the ideal choice of line when fishing dry flies, nymphs, soft hackles and emergers to tricky eaters at distance. The line has a long head and back taper to increase loop control when carrying long lengths, and for making precise casts to rising fish, while the weight distribution makes it easy to turn over long leaders for technical feeders at range.
In addition, this line is built with SlickCast, creating the slickest, most durable coating on the market—producing the least amount of friction ever measured in a fly line.
The slick coating also allows anglers to fish more effectively as line slides out of the guides with less friction for extended drag-free drifts. Additionally, SlickCast continuously releases essential slickening agents that migrate to the line’s surface. This ensures that the line remains as slick as the day it was made giving anglers many years of high performance and easy distance. As for durability, SlickCast’s proprietary formulation produces the toughest and most durable fly line coating in the world. Lab tests show that a line built with SlickCast lasts 140% longer in abrasion testing and lasts 33% longer when testing a fly line for cracking, that is one tough fly line.
This line is available in both Weight Forward and Double Taper options and is built with a supple core and coldwater coating.
Guide to Choosing a Fly Fishing Line
- Long front taper turns over flies with delicacy and precision
- Front & back welded loops are neat, bulletproof and welded on the end for fast rigging
- Built with RIO's exceptionally slick, durable SlickCast
- Extended head and back taper increases loop control when carrying long lengths of line
- Specifically designed to turn over long leaders for technical trout
- Easy ID is RIO's printed line marking system that allows anglers to quickly and easily identify each line