- This unique blend of Merino Wool and Possum Fur combines to bring to you, the warmest, softest most luxurious garment that is unique to New Zealand.
- The jersey is knitted as a whole garment, hence there are no side seams.
- The unique blend of superfine merino wool and possum fibre provides fabric softness and handle that is second to none.
- Made from 60% Merino Wool/ 40% Possum Fur.
- Hand wash and dry flat naturally.
- Made in New Zealand
Merino Wool has unique characteristics. Each fibre is exceptionally fine, long and densely crimped, retaining heat close to the skin and keeping out cold air. The fibre also wicks moisture away from the skin, allowing the skin to stay warm and dry. Spun Merino retains all of these qualities and is one of the most durable natural yarns. The fibres of possum fur are hollow, trapping warm air against the skin. The only other animal with this astonishing insulating fur is the Polar Bear. The trapped air not only retains heat efficiently but makes the fur light in weight. Spinning possum fibre into yarn reduces the weight of a garment, while simultaneously increasing its warmth.
The combination of Merino with possum results in a fabric that is lightweight, twice as warm as wool, highly resistant to pilling and opulently soft to the touch. Merino is known for being hypoallergenic and some even claim it has healing properties. A beneficial enzyme in possum fur has been researched and is proven to improve skin conditions such as eczema.
Size/Variant Colour Price Size 10 Oyster 80.00 Size 12 Oyster 80.00 Size 14 Oyster 80.00 Size 10 Port 80.00 Size 8 Oyster 80.00 Size 8 Port 80.00
Customer ReviewsNo reviews have been found