Each cape is carefully evaluated by the best professionals in the business - the Whiting Farms Grading Staff. Excellent quality and adequate for almost all tying.
Herbert Miner Half Neck
The Tradionalists choice! The Herbert Miner™ line of fly tying feathers are best known for gorgeous natural colours such as creams, duns, & browns with brassy overtones and natural sheen. Each cape is carefully evaluated by the best professionals in the business - the Whiting Farms Grading Staff. They grade each pelt for the following items -
- Fine, supple quills...for neat, effortless wrapping.
- Freedom from web....for more strength and less absorbency
- Uniform barb length....for optimal appearance and higher floating flies.
- High barb count....for more hackle per turn.
- High barb strength....for maximum support on the water's surface.
- A longer "sweet spot"....the area where prime hackle residues on a feather.
- Full, generous pelts....for excellent value and economy.
Herbert Miner™ Hackle, exclusively from Whiting Farms, is a dry fly hackle of extraordinary quality; a premium product for the most discriminating fly tier and fly fisher.
- Bronze Grade Only - Excellent quality and adequate for almost all tying.
- Colours Available : Cream, Brown, Black, Ginger, Grizzly & Medium Grey Dun
- FREE fast 1-3 day delivery to mainland UK* on ALL orders
- Upgrade to next working day available for £4.99 (order before 3pm)
- Premium Delivery to Highlands and Islands, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland is FREE* on ALL orders
- Delivery to Republic of Ireland is FREE on orders over £150
- Delivery to the EU & Channel Islands is FREE on orders over £399
For full details, pricing and delivery terms please view our delivery information and charges page.
When purchasing from Farlows from outside of the UK, you will not pay UK VAT. Therefore it is the customers responsibility to check and settle their own customs charges when goods arrive. If you are purchasing from a non-UK country and you choose to not accept a delivery because of the additional importation costs levied by the authorities in your country then we reserve the right to deduct any shipping or postage costs incurred by us from the refund to you.
Returns and Exchanges
Unused or unwanted purchases can be returned for refund within 28 days of receipt.
Purchases can be returned for exchange within 28 days of receipt.
For full details and terms please view our returns and exchanges policy.