Sign Up Now
to our newsletter to
receive the latest Farlows
news, offers & events
GET £20 OFF*
your next online order when
you spend £100 or
more at Farlows.co.uk *Terms Apply
Sign Up Success!
Thank you for signing up to our newsletter.
YOUR DISCOUNT CODE IS: N20M19
This code is valid for 2 weeks - online use only, may not be redeemed in-store. One use only.
To claim your discount enter the code on the 'Shopping Basket' page before completing your order.
*Voucher excludes all gift vouchers, sale items and services
The 3D+ lines are built around Direct Contact low stretch cores with only 6% stretch. Line weights 7/8 and 8/9 feature 32lbs cores, while 9/10 and 10/11 lines have super strong 42lbs cores that will make you fish with confidence targeting huge Baltic-or giant Atlantic Salmon alike.
All lines have attractive, new colour combinations and are fitted with both colour coded sleeves and ID printing in the back ends for easy identification. Produced from environmentally friendly materials featuring strong Polyurethane coatings.#
- Floating/Hover/Intermediate (Sink rate 30 sec./meter) : The Hover/Intermediate density in the first two-thirds of this line will position your fly just below the surface. The floating back portion of the line helps to control fly speed as well as making mending and lift-off a lot easier than with a line that is fully submerged in the water.
- Floating/Hover/Sink2 (Sink rate 13 sec./meter) : The Float/Hover/Sink2 line covers a very important level of water, just a little deeper than the Float/Hover/Intermediate line while still offering the option to work the floating back part of the line nicely, to control fly angle and speed through the water. A very popular density combination.
- Hover/Intermediate/Sink3 (Sink rate 10 sec./meter) : Due to the buoyant Hover back end, this line lets you fish your flies in the mid-water column with full control of the speed throughout the swing. The elevated back end will ensure that you can fish your fly to the dangle without annoying mid-line snags as the current speed drops during the end of the swing.
- Intermediate/Sink2/Sink4 (Sink rate 8 sec./meter) : Possibly the most popular density in the Triple D-range. A favourite, both for great casting performance, as for the way this line fishes in the water. Offers you that feeling of hitting a depth-zone that puts the fly within perfect reach of an aggressive Salmon or Steelhead in many varied pool structures.
- Sink1/Sink3/Sink5 (Sink rate 6.5 sec./meter) : Fishing harder, stronger flowing rivers or deeper sections of the river? This line will do the job and get the fly down that bit extra in a medium deep pool. It has also proven itself to be easy to cast, both for accuracy and distance. Should be one of your main lines in the shooting head wallet.
- Sink2/Sink4/Sink6 (Sink rate 5.5 sec./meter) : Heading into the deep water, the unique Triple Density construction of this line brings the front right down to the fish, while the back end balances nicely and makes it easier manage during cast, fishing and the lift-off from the water. Also partly eliminates snags in the later part of the swing due to the steep sinking angle of the line. One of the coolest sinking lines of all times.
- Sink3/Sink5/Sink8 (Sink rate 4.8 sec./meter) : The slim profile combined with the high density will make this line sink like a brick. With similar features to the above line, it sinks with a good angle and takes your front down first. It is still manageable to cast, due to the unique taper and balance of the S5/S8 portion in the line.
Size/Variant Model Colour Line Rating Length head weight Price #8/9 Floating/Hover/Intermediate Orange #8/9 11.1m/12.2yds 510grains/33g 71.99 #9/10 Floating/Hover/Intermediate Green #9/10 11.6m/12.7yds 570grains/37g 71.99 #10/11 Floating/Hover/Intermediate Blue #10/11 12.2m/13.3yds 680grains/44g 71.99 #8/9 Floating/Hover/Sink2 Orange #8/9 11.1m/12.2yds 510grains/33g 71.99 #9/10 Floating/Hover/Sink2 Green #9/10 11.6m/12.7yds 570grains/37g 71.99 #10/11 Floating/Hover/Sink2 Blue #10/11 12.2m/13.3yds 680grains/44g 71.99 #8/9 Hover/Intermediate/Sink3 Orange #8/9 11.1m/12.2yds 510grains/33g 71.99 #9/10 Hover/Intermediate/Sink3 Green #9/10 11.6m/12.7yds 570grains/37g 71.99 #10/11 Hover/Intermediate/Sink3 Blue #10/11 12.2m/13.3yds 680grains/44g 71.99 #8/9 Intermediate/Sink2/Sink4 Orange #8/9 10.7m/11.7yds 510grains/33g 71.99 #9/10 Intermediate/Sink2/Sink4 Red #9/10 11.2m/12.2yds 570grains/37g 71.99 #10/11 Intermediate/Sink2/Sink4 Blue #10/11 11.7m/12.8yds 680grains/44g 71.99 #9/10 Sink1/Sink3/Sink5 Red #9/10 11.2m/12.2yds 570grains/37g 71.99 #10/11 Sink1/Sink3/Sink5 Blue #10/11 11.7m/12.8yds 680grains/44g 71.99 #9/10 Sink2/Sink4/Sink6 Red #9/10 11.2m/12.2yds 570grains/37g 71.99 #10/11 Sink2/Sink4/Sink6 Blue #10/11 11.7m/12.8yds 680grains/44g 71.99 #9/10 Sink3/Sink5/Sink7 Red #9/10 11.2m/12.2yds 570grains/37g 71.99 #10/11 Sink3/Sink5/Sink8 Blue #10/11 11.7m/12.8yds 680grains/44g 71.99