Carbonic lenses are optically tuned to give you visual comfort while including polarization for glare cutting, ANSI Z80.3 standard for impact resistance, water and oil resistant coating, and 100% UV protection.
- Carbonic TLT lenses
- VLT = 15%
- Provides 100% protection from harmful UVA/B/C rays.
- Hydrophilic megol temple & nose pads for a secure fit
- Auto-lock hinges
- Large fit / large coverage
- Evolve eco-friendly frame material
- A high contrast brown lens is ideal for everyday use, and particularly pleasant when scenery is abundant on the trail or road. This lens is polarized and built on our carbonic lens platform.
POLARISATION: Polarisation cuts glare. Glare off of horizontal surfaces like snow, water, and asphalt, decreases depth perception and reduces visual acuity which causes eye fatigue. We precisely align the polarized visual layer inside our lenses to filter out 99.9% of this “visual static” for a finely tuned view of the action.
VLT: The amount of light allowed into the lens is called Visible Light Transmission or VLT. The higher the VLT, the lighter the lens tint. Bright conditions require a low VLT and darker conditions need a higher VLT. SMITH offers a VLT range from 9% with their Sun lenses and up to a 50% VLT in the Storm lenses.
HYDROLEOPHOBIC WATER AND OIL PROOF COATING: Repels moisture, grease, and grime. A barrier between your lenses and the world. Water will bead up and disperse without streaking. Smudges from fingerprints are wiped clean easily.
ANTI-REFLECTIVE COATING: Vacuum applied, Anti-Reflective (A/R) coatings on the back side of the lens will eliminate bothersome sidelight reflections.