Sign Up Now
to our newsletter to
receive the latest Farlows
news, offers & events
GET £20 OFF*
your next online order when
you spend £100 or
more at Farlows.co.uk * Terms Apply
Sign Up Success!
Thank you for signing up to our newsletter.
YOUR DISCOUNT CODE IS: N20F20
This code is valid for 2 weeks - online use only, may not be redeemed in-store. One use only.
To claim your discount enter the code on the 'Shopping Basket' page before completing your order.
* Excludes vouchers, tuition products, sale items and Flyfish Europe products (Simms, Scientific Anglers, Waterworks Lamson, Scott and C&F).
This is a fine piece of handcraft made in the Finnish part of Lapland in a traditional northern Scandinavian way. This is a great multi-purpose knife that will stand tough usage in the forest, for hunting, fishing, carving, etc.
The carbon steel used for this knife makes it very tough and strong, and gives it good edge stability. The chemical composition allows it to be hardened to a high degree whilst maintaining ductility and toughness. This means the blade holds its edge for longer at the same time as it is resistant to chipping and cracking even under heavy use. This steel also has a fine structure making it easy to sharpen and achieve a razor sharp edge with. Whilst the steel is touch and easy to sharpen, the low chromium content means it will tarnish if left wet and it must therefore be wiped after use and protected by oil or wax when put away for storage if you want to avoid tarnish building up.
- The blade is 7.7 (3 inches) long, is Very Sharp and is made from Quality High Carbon Steel hardened to HRC 63-65 and tempered to HRC 59 to balance ductility and brittleness.
- The blade extends with an internal tang secured to the top of the handle with a rivet.
- The blade is natural unpolished carbon black except for the grind.
- The handle is made from a combination of curly birch, thin layers of leather and reindeer antler.
- It has a well designed shape which fits well in the hand and it it is finished off very smoothly without being slippery.
- The sheath is made from wet-formed cow hide and it has a reindeer leather belt hanger attached to it.
YOU NEED TO BE OVER 18 TO BUY THIS PRODUCT.
Online/Store Availability In-store only
Customer ReviewsNo reviews have been found